STRATA Trust Company, a subsidiary of Horizon Bank, SSB, has an immediate opening for a full-time Trust Accounting Associate in our Austin office. We are looking for a strong team member to perform a variety of non-traditional accounting processes to ensure accurate, efficient operations and quality customer service for our IRA clients.
STRATA is proud to be a trust company and alternative asset IRA custodian whose culture is driven by strong values and a long-term vision. We not only offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, we also work to foster lasting relationships with our team members, clients, and shareholders. These relationships form the bedrock of our success.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
This position is an integral part of our Trust Accounting team and works closely with other teams to ensure that customer requests, daily processing, and office projects are successfully completed. It is expected that this individual will grow to possess a basic knowledge of STRATA’s work profile and will take on a larger role as time and desire permits.
- Code, research, and enter deposit transactions into trust accounting system.
- Process fee payments received.
- Respond to inquiries and/or initiate communication with internal or external contacts to resolve accounting operations issues.
- Assist with development or updates of trust accounting procedures on assigned processes.
- Review documents to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with company requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
AM I THE RIGHT FIT?
We are searching for self-motivated individuals with a great attitude and proven success in their experience to join our team. The ideal candidate possesses:
- Minimum: High School Diploma/GED and 2-4 years of bank operations or accounting experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job duties of this position. Some college preferred.
- Knowledge and training in computer systems including Word, Excel, and Adobe;
- Strong reasoning abilities including the ability to define problems, recognize inconsistencies and discrepancies, and draw valid conclusions;
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Solid mathematical background and attention to detail
- Demonstrated initiative to take on new projects and learn new skills; and,
- The ability to successfully work as member of a team.
If you think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume and contact information for consideration. Good luck, and we look forward to hearing from you!