STRATA Trust Company, a subsidiary of Horizon Bank, SSB, has an immediate opening for a Trust Accounting Associate in our Trust Accounting Department in our Austin office. We are looking for a strong team member to perform a variety of non-traditional accounting processes to ensure accurate, efficient operations and quality customer service for our IRA clients.
We are searching for self-motivated individuals with a great attitude and proven success in their past experience to join our team. This position would become an integral part of our Trust Accounting team and will work hand-in-hand with numerous departments to ensure that customer requests, daily processing, and office projects are successfully completed. It is expected that this individual will grow to possess a basic knowledge of STRATA’s work profile and will take on a larger role as time and desire permits.
• Code, research, and entry of deposit transactions into trust accounting system.
• Process fee payments received.
• Respond to inquiries and/or initiate communication with internal or external contacts to resolve accounting operations issues.
• Assist with development or updates of trust accounting procedures on assigned processes.
• Review documents to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with company requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual to join a growing organization.
Specific requirements include:
• Minimum: High School Diploma/GED and 2-4 years of bank operations, cash management, or accounting experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job duties of this position. Some college preferred.
• Knowledge and training in computer systems including Word, Excel, and Adobe.
• Strong reasoning abilities including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions;
• Ability to analyze data and recognize inconsistencies and discrepancies and to work with supervisors and management on resolutions;
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form;
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, and excellent organizational and time management skills;
• Solid mathematical background;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Demonstrated initiative to take on new projects and learn new skills; and,
• The ability to successfully work as a member of a team.
All full-time employees are eligible to participate in our healthcare plans including medical, dental & vision; life/AD&D insurance, our robust 401k plan, and paid time off.
If you think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume with salary history and contact information for consideration. Good luck, and we look forward to hearing from you!
STRATA Trust Company is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer of protected veterans, women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities.