STRATA Trust Company is a fast-growing self-directed IRA custodian which serves individuals and institutional clients nationwide that invest in alternative assets using their retirement funds. Self-directed IRAs allow individuals to save for retirement by providing a wider array of investment options than banks and brokerage firms. Investments include alternative investments such as real estate, trust deeds, precious metals, private equity and debt offerings, as well as crowdfunding and other investment portals, and more. As a subsidiary of Horizon Bank based in Austin, Texas, the company is regulated by federal and state banking authorities.
We have an immediate opening for an Operations Support Specialist in our Waco office. In this role you will champion the service provided to our existing and new client and business partner relationships by processing items related to opening of new accounts, direct transfer/rollover requests, investment transactions, client distributions, account-related changes, account closures, investment activity updates and other similar actions, learning our business and playing a critical role. Meanwhile, you will have the full support of a highly-experienced team that will provide you with training, direction, and other support.
Our trajectory of growth is exciting, and we are ready to take it to the next level with high-energy go-getters who love to work in a fast-paced environment and be valuable contributors to our future growth and success. That is just part of the reason that STRATA Trust Company is such a great place to work!
• Create, monitor, and process customer requests in STRATA’s workflow system
• Scan, file, and manage documents within our document repository system
• Reconcile investment-related files for client transactions and daily/periodic balancing
• Execute accurate and timely processing of account transactions, changes and other account actions. Attention to detail is required
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills as tasks may include generating and mailing client correspondence
• Prepare outgoing mail items
• Maintain a positive work environment while making sure that the policies and procedures are being followed
• Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
Specific requirements include:
• Associates Degree, or 2-5 years equivalent work experience in financial services or similar industry, with demonstrated reliability, skills, aptitude, and abilities to perform the duties of this position.
• Passion for service with strong client-focus and the desire to help people
• Prior bank or financial service operations experience preferred
• Exceptional organizational skills required
• Ability to prioritize and work well under deadlines
• Strong communication and listening skills
• Proven problem-solving skills
• Aptitude for accuracy and detail
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office– Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Knowledge of investments or experience with investment processing is a plus, particularly if it includes real estate or other alternative asset transactions.
All full-time employees are eligible to participate in our healthcare plans including medical, dental & vision; life/AD&D insurance, our robust 401k plan, and paid time off.
We think it’s a pretty sweet opportunity! If you think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now.
Please also include a personalized cover letter indicating:
• You have read the responsibilities, are up to the challenge, and possess our requirements; and,
• Why you believe you should be considered for the position.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!
STRATA Trust Company is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer of protected veterans, women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities.