We have an immediate opening for an Operations Associate in our Waco office. You will play a key role in servicing our existing and new client and business partner relationships by processing items such as the opening of new accounts, direct transfer/rollover requests, investment transactions, client distributions, account-related changes, account closures, investment activity updates and other similar actions. Meanwhile, you will have the full support of a highly experienced team that will provide you with training, collateral and other support.
STRATA is proud to be a trust company and alternative asset IRA custodian whose culture is driven by strong values and a long-term vision. We not only offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, we also work to foster lasting relationships with our team members, clients, and shareholders. These relationships form the bedrock of our success.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
This position is an integral part of our Operations team and works closely with Client Services.
- Process a variety of client account-related tasks which may include opening new accounts, processing direct transfer/rollover requests, processing investment transactions, processing client distributions, transferring of assets in and out, account terminations and any other account changes or actions.
- Reconcile investment-related files for client transactions and daily/periodic balancing.
- Develop working knowledge of IRAs and familiarity with alternative investments and banking processes.
- Execute accurate and timely processing of account transactions, changes and other account actions. Attention to detail is required.
- Have knowledge of IRS regulations related to contributions and distributions for self-directed Traditional, Roth, SEP and SIMPLE IRAs.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills as tasks may include generating and mailing client correspondence.
- Maintain a positive work environment while making sure that the policies and procedures are being followed.
- Other duties as assigned and/or taken on.
AM I THE RIGHT FIT?
We are searching for self-motivated individuals with a great attitude and proven success in their experience to join our team. The ideal candidate possesses:
- Minimum: Minimum: Bachelor’s degree preferred, or 2-5 years equivalent work experience in financial services, which demonstrates the skills, aptitude, and abilities to perform the duties of this position.
- Passion for service with strong client-focus and the desire to help people.
- Strong reasoning abilities including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Prior bank or financial service operations experience preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills required.
- Ability to prioritize and work well under deadlines.
- Strong communication and listening skills.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Aptitude for accuracy and detail
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office– Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Knowledge of investments or experience with investment processing is a plus, particularly if it includes real estate or other alternative asset transactions.
All full-time employees are eligible to participate in our healthcare plans including medical, dental & vision; life/AD&D insurance, our robust 401k plan, and paid time off.
If you think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume and contact information for consideration. Good luck, and we look forward to hearing from you!
At STRATA Trust, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. STRATA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.