We have an immediate opening for an Operations Associate in our Waco office. You will play a key role in creating a positive client experience for our existing client, new client, and business partner relationships by processing critical transactions throughout the various stages of the account life cycle. This includes completing transactions for the opening of new accounts, direct transfer/rollover requests, investment transactions, client distributions, account-related changes, account closures, investment activity updates and other actions which nurture the relationship. Meanwhile, you will have the full support of a highly experienced financial services team that will provide you with training, collateral, and other support.
STRATA is proud to be a trust company and alternative asset IRA custodian whose culture is driven by strong values and a long-term vision. We not only offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, we also work to foster lasting relationships with our team members, clients, and shareholders. These relationships form the bedrock of our success.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
This position is an integral part of our Operations team and works closely with Client Services.
- Get introduced to all aspects of STRATA’s business: Marketing, Sales, Client Service, Finance, and more. You will learn our business model, our core values, and our value proposition to customers and other stakeholders.
- Learn the different types of IRAs and IRS regulations related to contributions and distributions for self-directed Traditional, Roth, SEP, and SIMPLE IRAs.
- Understand the asset classes our customers use to direct their own retirement, including private equity, private debt, crowdfunding, real estate, real estate partnerships, and precious metals.
- Train on how to process a variety of client account-related tasks which may include opening new accounts, processing direct transfer/rollover requests, processing investment transactions, processing client distributions, transferring of assets in and out, account terminations and any other account changes or actions.
- Serve our customers by processing account transactions, updates, and other actions in a timely manner. Your attention to detail will be important to execute with high quality, and we will teach you how to reconcile investment-related files to ensure accuracy.
- Communicate with customers, colleagues, and other stakeholders daily, employing your verbal and written communication skills.
- Take on new duties and responsibilities as you demonstrate the aptitude and ability to do so.
- Meet regularly with your manager to review your work, set expectations, and discuss feedback and development.
- Be part of a team with deep expertise in their business, focus on company and personal values, and opportunities for growth.
AM I THE RIGHT FIT?
We are searching for self-motivated individuals with a great attitude and proven success in their experience to join our team. The ideal candidate possesses:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or 2-5 years equivalent work experience in financial services, which demonstrates the skills, aptitude, and abilities to perform the duties of this position.
- Passion for service with strong client-focus and the desire to help people.
- Strong reasoning abilities including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Prior bank or financial service operations experience preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills required.
- Ability to prioritize and work well under deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Aptitude for accuracy and detail.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office– Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Knowledge of investments or experience with investment processing is a plus, particularly if it includes real estate or other alternative asset transactions.
COMMITMENT TO OUR EMPLOYEES
We do not hire resources; we invest in people:
- Competitive Salary
- Health Benefits Portfolio including 2 medical options, dental, and vision.
- Comprehensive Wellness Program
- Retirement program designed to help you save for your future.
- Community Engagement opportunities
- Generous paid Vacation, Sick, and Holiday time-off.
- Training and Development opportunities
If you think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume and contact information for consideration. Good luck, and we look forward to hearing from you!
At STRATA Trust, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. STRATA is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.