STRATA Trust Company is a fast-growing self-directed IRA custodian which serves individuals and institutional clients nationwide that invest in alternative assets using retirement funds. Self-directed IRAs allow individuals to save for retirement by providing a wider array of investment options than banks and brokerage firms. Investments include alternative investments such as real estate, trust deeds, precious metals, private equity, and debt offerings, as well as crowdfunding and other investment portals, and more. As a subsidiary of Horizon Bank based in Austin, Texas, the company is regulated by federal and state banking authorities.
We have an immediate opening for an Internal Business Development Representative in our Waco office. In this role, you will take inbound calls from prospective clients interested in learning about STRATA, self-directed IRAs, types of investments allowed, opening new accounts, and related topics, educating callers on how and why to work with STRATA to serve their custodial needs. You will be a key member of the Business Development team, opening new accounts and collaborating with others to meet/exceed new client growth objectives. The ideal person for this role thrives on building relationships, enjoys helping others, and acts with the prospective client as the top priority. You will be the start of the customer journey and counted upon to help deliver an exceptional client experience.
Our trajectory of growth is exciting, and we are ready to take it to the next level with talented, passionate individuals who love to work with people and want to be valuable contributors to our future growth and success. That is just part of the reason that STRATA is a great place to work!
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE AS AN INTERNAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE
• Prospective clients are educated on what they need to know to begin a relationship with STRATA
• Viable prospective clients are converted and open new accounts
• Teammates can rely on you to get things done, support them, and live STRATA’s Bedrock Values
• Meet a sales quota; upon completion of training and 6 months experience, you will be responsible for helping achieve our monthly and annual targeted revenue goals for new accounts
• Answer inbound sales calls from prospective clients and referral sources, and close client prospects and referral opportunities
• Successfully prospect, qualify, track, and manage new client leads by making outbound calls and sending emails to individuals that proactively engage with us through our marketing and other efforts
• Conduct timely follow-up on individual leads by phone or email to nurture the prospects and move them through the sales funnel
• Accurately communicate information about our products, services and account types and have knowledge of the IRS regulations that govern IRAs (training provided)
• Document the lead information for the prospective individual in a CRM (client relationship management) system (HubSpot)
• Provide input and direction on sales/marketing campaigns and emerging opportunities in the marketplace
• Prepare periodic sales activity reports
• Complete other tasks or special assignments as directed by supervisor
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred, plus 2-5 years sales/business development or customer service experience, preferably in banking or financial services
• Excellent verbal and communication skills
• Should be a self-starter that enjoys the challenge of a professional sales environment
• Must work well within a team framework and independently with minimal direction
• Proficient in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word and Excel
• Good time management skills
• Dependable and punctual
The Internal Business Development Representative is an inside sales position, and it’s a great opportunity for individuals with a minimum of two years of sales/business development or equivalent experience to be part of our Business Development team.
If you think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume and contact information for consideration. We look forward to hearing from you!
STRATA Trust Company is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer of protected veterans, women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities.