Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
STRATA Trust Company (“STRATA”) is a national custodian of alternative investments, primarily held in self-directed individual retirement accounts ( IRAs) which hold alternative assets. From our offices in Austin and Waco, Texas, we service clients, financial advisors, broker dealers, crowdfunding portals, investment sponsors, CPAs, attorneys, and other professionals across the US. Since 2010, we have quickly emerged as the custodian of choice by some of the largest alternative asset providers for delivering an amazing service experience. We currently custody over $2.5 billion in alternative assets held in self-directed IRAs for individuals nationwide that include real estate, precious metals, private equity and debt, and more.
STRATA is growing and has an immediate opening for a Head of Marketing to lead the company’s marketing efforts, identifying and leading investment in growth and retention initiatives. In this role you will champion the development of STRATA’s marketing strategy for both Professional (B2B) and Individual (B2C) segments. You will execute paid and organic marketing campaigns about Self-Directed IRA investing and other alternative asset custody solutions using digital and traditional media, content, direct mail, sponsorships, industry conferences, and public relations while partnering with and leading our relationships with agency and marketing technology partners to deliver best-in-class customer acquisition and retention strategies. You are a “doer” and excited about being our dedicated marketer on the team. Throughout, you will have the full support of a highly experienced team of industry leaders and subject matter experts.
Our growth trajectory is exciting and we are ready to take it to the next level with high-energy go-getters who love to work with people and be valuable contributors to our future growth and success. That is just part of the reason that STRATA is such a great place to work!
• Develop an analytically driven marketing strategy and operating plan that supports targets for lead generation, new account growth, customer retention, brand positioning for Professional (B2B) and Individual (B2C) customer segments.
• Be the marketing leader for the company, directly managing Marketing team members, leading marketing initiatives across departments and managing third party relationships (agencies, vendors).
• Build and maintain a detailed operating plan for marketing and related activities, with project management systems and processes to ensure accountability and timely execution.
• Develop a robust content program that supports new and prospective client education, industry thought leadership, and content for organic and paid advertising channels for both Individual and Professional segments.
• Be an effective partner for internal teammates, including Business Development, Customer Service, Compliance, and Operations teams.
The Director of Marketing role is an extraordinary opportunity for an accomplished individual with demonstrated leadership and impact in business marketing, developing and executing marketing strategy, managing campaigns, and managing relationships with agency and marketing technology platform partners.
Specific requirements include:
• Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree required, with at least 5 years of work experience in financial services marketing.
• Digital advertising expertise: understanding channels, developing strategies/plans, buying media, measuring results.
• Demonstrated success in lead generation.
• Knowledge of alternative assets, private placement funds, asset management programs and financial planning preferred.
• Self-starter that can build relationships internally and externally and can lead through influence.
• Solid time management and verbal and written communication skills, including formal presentation skills and professional appearance.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Experience utilizing marketing technology platforms e.g. HubSpot, WordPress, etc.
Our compensation package offers a competitive base salary plus commission, and benefits which include medical, dental & vision insurance, life/AD&D insurance, a robust 401k plan, and paid time off.
We think it’s a pretty sweet opportunity! If you think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume with salary history and contact information for consideration.
Good luck and we look forward to hearing from you!