STRATA Trust Company is a fast-growing self-directed IRA custodian which serves individuals and institutional clients nationwide that invest in alternative assets using their retirement funds. Self-directed IRAs allow individuals to save for retirement by providing a wider array of investment options than banks and brokerage firms. Investments include alternative investments such as real estate, trust deeds, precious metals, private equity and debt offerings, as well as crowdfunding and other investment portals, and more. As a subsidiary of Horizon Bank based in Austin, Texas, the company is regulated by federal and state banking authorities.
We have an immediate opening for a Database/Programmer Analyst in our Austin office. In this position, you will provide development support across the STRATA organization including, but not limited to: STRATA software applications, third party software systems, SQL databases and SQL based reports, and will play a critical role in the success of the organization’s information technology program. Meanwhile, you will have the full support of STRATA’s highly experienced team.
Our trajectory of growth is exciting, and we are ready to take it to the next level with high-energy individuals who love to work in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate possesses not only software/database development experience but is also a well-rounded individual who can multi-task and prioritize.
What success looks like as a Database/Programmer Analyst
- Meeting personal and project goals each quarter
- Strong communication with team and business stakeholders
- Ability to individually own portions of project work and self-manage them to completion
- Develop SQL (or any code) using general and company best practice approaches
- Teammates can rely on you to get things done, support them, and live STRATA’s Bedrock Values
- Design, develop, implement, support and maintain systems based on business requirements, using applicable technologies
- Communicate with key stakeholders to gather accurate specifications for project work and translate requirements into functional code
- Apply object-oriented principles and coding best practices when implementing solutions
- Report development in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Document SQL or code appropriately for maintainability and verify code through unit testing and code reviews
- Troubleshoot and resolve software-related issues
- Collaborate with other development team members on projects
- Other tasks as assigned/taken on
Specific requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, computer science or related engineering field and 1-3+ years database experience with SQL and SQL Server Reporting Services; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job duties of this position.
- Understanding of Windows system architecture/Windows debugging skills
- Understanding of object-oriented software design and relational database design
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Travel Requirement: up to 5%
- Experience with developing SSIS packages
- Experience with Microsoft Azure platform a plus
- Experience with IIS (7.0+) to manage in house developed web applications
- Experience managing projects in the Atlassian product suite – JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket
- Experience with Laserfiche Enterprise Content Management platform
- Experience with Git or similar version control utilities
- Understanding of HTML5 and related front-end web technologies
All full-time employees are eligible to participate in our healthcare plans including medical, dental & vision; life/AD&D insurance, our robust 401k plan, and paid time off.
If you think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume and contact information for consideration. Good luck, and we look forward to hearing from you!
At STRATA Trust, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. Horizon Bank is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.