STRATA Trust Company, a subsidiary of Horizon Bank, SSB, has an immediate opening for a Corporate Accountant in our Austin office. We are looking for a strong team member to perform a variety of accounting processes to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting including analytical and board reports.
We are searching for self-motivated individuals with a great attitude and proven success in their experience to join our team. This position will work directly with our CFO and with other departments to ensure that reporting requirements are met accurately and in a timely manner. It is expected that this individual will grow to possess a basic knowledge of STRATA’s work profile and will take on a larger role as time and desire permits.
- prepare journal entries
- complete general ledger operations
- monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements
- reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
- prepare analysis of accounts as requested
- assist with year-end closings
- administer accounts receivable and accounts payable
- prepare tax computations
- assist in preparing budgets and forecasts
- monitor and resolve bank issues
- account/bank reconciliations
- review and process expense payments
- assist with preparation and coordination of the audit process
- assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Learn processes in the core system that support financial reporting
- Understand trust accounting flow and processes
- Data gathering/analysis
- Prepare regulatory reports
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual to join a growing organization.
Specific requirements include:
- Minimum: Bachelor’s level accounting degree and 3+ years of experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience, which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job duties of this position.
- Knowledge and training in computer systems including QuickBooks, Word, Excel, and Adobe;
- Strong reasoning abilities including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions;
- Ability to analyze data and recognize inconsistencies and discrepancies and to work with supervisors and management on resolutions;
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form;
- Strong analytical capabilities, effective verbal and written communication skills, and excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Solid mathematical background;
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated initiative to take on new projects and learn new skills; and,
- The ability to successfully work as member of a team.
If you think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume and contact information for consideration. Good luck, and we look forward to hearing from you!
At STRATA Trust, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure this we seek talented, qualified people for all of our career opportunities, regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state and/or local laws. STRATA Trust is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.