STRATA Trust Company is a fast-growing self-directed IRA custodian which serves individuals and institutional clients nationwide that invest in alternative assets using their retirement funds. Self-directed IRAs allow individuals to save for retirement by providing a wider array of investment options than banks and brokerage firms. Investments include alternative investments such as real estate, trust deeds, precious metals, private equity and debt offerings, as well as crowdfunding and other investment portals, and more. As a subsidiary of Horizon Bank based in Austin, Texas, the company is regulated by federal and state banking authorities.
We have an immediate opening for a Compliance Manager in our Waco office. In this role, you will assist with managing STRATA’s Compliance and Risk Management Program to ensure that each functional area of STRATA operates in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and internal policies. Duties may include, but are not limited to, STRATA’s internal audit process, assisting with Bank Secrecy Act responsibilities, manage the onboarding of new assets, and playing a critical role in the success of the company’s overall risk management program. Meanwhile, you will have the full support of STRATA’s highly experienced team.
Our trajectory of growth is exciting, and we are ready to take it to the next level with high-energy individuals who love to work in a fast-paced environment and be valuable contributors to our future growth and success. That is just part of the reason that STRATA Trust Company is such a great place to work!
What success looks like as a Compliance Manager
• Assets are set up in our system correctly and quickly as part of onboarding new investments
• Internal audits are correct and complete, on time
• Company performance improves as a result of audit-related feedback
• Teammates can rely on you to get things done, support them, and live STRATA’s Bedrock Values
• Independently review and analyze various technical resources including but not limited to: The Internal Revenue Code, Treasury and Department of Labor regulations, as well as various industry publications, periodicals and e-resources to determine if changes are necessary to the company’s policies, procedures, client agreements, marketing material, or website
• Provide guidance on any necessary changes to policies and procedures as required based on changes to laws and regulations
• Manage and performance of administrative reviews as part of the new asset onboarding process
• Manage and review OFAC and FinCEN 314(a) watchlist search results
• Assist with the performance of all account and asset risk audits
• Review internal audits relative to internal risk management reports
• Assist with coordinating and/or initiating responses to requests for records by regulators or attorneys as well as complaints from customers. Properly document receipt of requests/complaints and ensure responses are timely. Performs review of the records requested to identify potentially suspicious activity that must be reported to the BSA Officer to maintain STRATA’s compliance with regulatory reporting requirements
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of STRATA’s investment-related administrative requirements and policies, including a general knowledge of regulatory procedures concerning investment-related issues
• Assists in the development of department employees by providing coaching, recognition, motivation, and feedback on a consistent basis, and monitors staff to ensure work is processed and performed in accordance with STRATA policies
• Along with the rest of the management team, act as a leader within STRATA, driving the vision, living the values, and reinforcing expectations
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills as tasks may include generating and mailing client correspondence
• Maintain a positive work environment while making sure that the policies and procedures are being followed
Specific requirements include:
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or 5 years equivalent Compliance work experience in financial services or similar industry, with demonstrated reliability, skills, aptitude, and abilities to perform the duties of this position
• Demonstrated technical knowledge of retirement plan law relating to Individual Retirement Accounts. Must also demonstrate knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act, GLBA, and USA PATRIOT Act, (BSA/AML Laws) and be able to support the company’s efforts around BSA/AML
• Aptitude for accuracy and attention to detail
• Proven problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of investments or experience with investment processing, particularly if it includes real estate or other alternative asset transactions.
• Prior bank or financial service operations experience preferred
• Exceptional organizational skills required
• Ability to prioritize and work well under deadlines
• Strong communication and listening skills
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office– Outlook, Word, and Excel
All full-time employees are eligible to participate in our healthcare plans including medical, dental & vision; life/AD&D insurance, our robust 401k plan, and paid time off.
If you think that you could be the perfect fit, please apply now. Submit your resume with salary history and contact information for consideration. Good luck, and we look forward to hearing from you!
STRATA Trust Company is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer of protected veterans, women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities.